Module 11 Content
- Purpose of Assignment:
It is important for nurses to reflect on experiences and new knowledge gained in order to promote professional growth.
- Analyze the increased complexity of care among older adults.
- Compare care models for nursing practice specific to the older adult.
- Design plans for care specific to the older adult.
- Identify local, state, and national resources which facilitate safe and effective transitions of care for older adults.
- Incorporate professional values, attitudes, and expectations regarding ageism when caring for the older adult.
- Outline the importance of advocating for older adults in management of their care.
- Transferable Skill:
- Information Literacy: Discovering information reflectively, understanding how information is produced and valued, and using information to create new knowledge and participate ethically in communities of learning.
Reflect on your development as a nursing professional and address the following in a 1-2 page paper:
- Describe how you achieved each of the course competencies and the transferable skill.
- Provide at least one example of new knowledge gained related to each competency and explain how this new knowledge will impact your nursing practice.