7/19/22, 3:26 PM Module 2 Application
Page 2 of 5 ZOOM
(DOC) for use in this assignment. Create a Word document for your response. Use APA format for the title page, references page, table, and paper. Include an introduction and a conclusion in your paper. Follow the directions to complete the assignment.
7/19/22, 3:25 PM Module 2 Application
Module 2 Application
Due Sunday by 11:59pm Points 100 Submitting a text entry box, a website url, a media recording, or a file upload
Design Professional Development Submit the assignment by 11:59 PM PT Sunday of Module 2.
News events related to immigration and ESL/bilingual education occur regularly. Why is it important for educators to be aware of these events? How do these events impact teaching and learning in our classrooms?
In this module’s Application, you will design a one-hour professional development workshop on a current events topic (within the last 5 years) related to immigration or ESL/bilingual education and its impact on linguistically and culturally diverse students. You will locate an article from a newspaper, national magazine, or news website addressing the topic and incorporate the information in a one-hour professional development workshop for colleagues. You may present to a small group of teachers or the entire faculty to obtain feedback on your presentation.
You will also apply your research skills to locate and incorporate information in your response from a scholarly, professional source outside the course. You should cite the source in APA format in your response with a full APA bibliography reference at the end of the response. Resource: Free APA Style Tutorials (http://www.apastyle.org/learn/tutorials/index.aspx)
View/Download the Template Tables (https://ace.instructure.com/courses/1900394/files/136675141/download?download_frd=1) (DOC) for use in this assignment. Create a Word document for your response. Use APA format for the title page, references page, table, and paper. Include an introduction and a conclusion in your paper. Follow the directions to complete the assignment.
7/19/22, 3:25 PM Module 2 Application
Write a paper describing the details of your professional development session. Your paper should contain all required sections, i.e., Title page, Introduction, Body, Conclusion, and References. The directions below guide you on what you need to include in the paper. Please use the Introduction to set a stage for your professional development description. Ensure you use level headings to mark the sections and subsections. Include at least three references in APA format. The references can be from your course Readings or articles you locate yourself.
Write at least one well-developed paragraph for each of the numbered questions below:
1. Write a well-developed introduction to your paper. Include, but do not limit yourself, to the following: 1. Who will attend your workshop? 2. Where will it take place? 3. Why are you choosing this topic? 4. What are your goals for the workshop?
2. What current events topic related to immigration or ESL/bilingual education will you share? Summarize the current event.
3. How can teachers apply what you present to their own situation? 4. Create a table to outline your agenda. You may use the template provided in the Template Tables
document (linked above), or re-create the chart yourself. 5. Describe the format of your professional development. Will you use PowerPoint or other presentation
tool(s)? Tutorials for using PowerPoint are available: Digital Learning Connections Resources and
6. Describe an appropriate icebreaker or warm-up activity for the professional development session. 7. Describe your introductory remarks and visual aids. Why is this professional development topic
important to all teachers? 8. Describe the teacher-engaged activity and materials required. 9. Describe how you will have teachers reflect on the professional development session.
10. Describe how you will have teachers evaluate the the session. 11. Describe how you will use the evaluation data. 12. Describe how you will know if teachers are applying what they have learned.
Present your workshop and/or share your plan with at least one colleague. Gather feedback on your presentation and/or plan. Continue your paper by writing at least one well-developed paragraph about each of the numbered questions below:
1. How did teachers respond to the professional development and its topic? Provide teacher comments or examples from the session evaluation or conversation(s) with your colleague(s).
2. What was the most effective component of your presentation? Why was it so effective? 3. What was the least effective component? Why do you think it was not effective? 4. What would change about the professional development if you were to present it again? Why? How
would you do it differently? 5. Write a well-developed concluding paragraph to your paper summarizing the professional