Knowing the expectations involved with maintaining operational sustainability and who is responsible for meeting these expectations is an important part of being an effective practitioner. In this assignment, you will create a guide that can be used throughout this course and in the future to help you better understand the roles, influences, and responsibilities of internal and external stakeholders involved in maintaining ethical business practices related to the triple bottom line (TBL). This assignment will also support you in completing your course project, which is due in Module Seven.
You are working on a collaborative project regarding sustainability initiatives. During recent meetings, the group has realized there is a lot of confusion surrounding who is responsible for what regarding regulations, governance, and responsibilities surrounding the new initiatives that are being planned. To help everyone understand the roles and responsibilities of both internal and external stakeholders, you have volunteered to create a brief guide.
Use course and external resources to complete the Module Three Assignment Template Word Document, making sure to clearly and concisely identify key stakeholders and their roles, responsibilities, and level of influence in upholding sustainable business operations regarding each aspect of the TBL.
For the purposes of this assignment, you can select one of the following industries to help contextualize your response:
- Food service
- Office supply
- Accounting and finance
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Identification: Identify key internal and external stakeholders, groups, and organizations involved in enforcing and maintaining operational sustainability regarding each aspect of the TBL.
- Roles: Briefly describe the role of identified internal and external stakeholders, groups, and organizations involved in enforcing and maintaining operational sustainability.
- Responsibilities: Briefly describe the responsibilities of identified internal and external stakeholders, groups, and organizations involved in enforcing and maintaining operational sustainability regarding each aspect of the TBL, specifically in regard to their level of responsibility and accountability in the following:
- Evaluating or enforcing sustainable operations
- Determining which aspects of the TBL framework they support most strongly
- Explaining how their responsibilities can help justify prioritizing the TBL
- Influence: Briefly describe the level of influence of the identified internal and external stakeholders, groups, and organizations involved in enforcing and maintaining operational sustainability regarding each aspect of the TBL. Make sure to note their ability to make decisions, enforce requirements, and justify prioritizing the TBL for an organization.
Guidelines for Submission
Submit the Module Three Assignment Template to complete this assignment. Use bullet points as appropriate when completing the template. Sources should be cited according to APA style.
Complete this template by replacing the bracketed text with the relevant information. Use the row in italics as an example.
|CEO||Provides vision, direction, and high-level strategic decisions for an organization||Responsible to employees, customers, the board of directors, and other stakeholders for decisions made about and for the organization||Influences strategic initiatives, goals, values, and investments of the overall organization internally; these include those that impact revenue streams, costs, investment into employees, the elimination of waste, and the overall impact of the organization
Can approve or create organizational initiatives that provide resources needed to strengthen TBL alignment in the organization
|[Insert text]||[Insert text]||[Insert text]||[Insert text]|