2022/6/14 15:56 Literature Review Article Summaries
Literature Review Article Summaries
截⽌ 星期五 由 23:59 编辑 得分 100 提交 ⼀份上传⽂件 可⽤ 6⽉1⽇ 0:00 ⾄ 6⽉27⽇ 11:59 27 天
Read the articles summary document, thoroughly before starting this assignment.
Upload your article summaries to this drop box.
1. Do not upload a google doc, they are not compatible with this assignment and cannot be opened, so I will not be able to read it and you will earn a zero.
2. Use the most current version of Microsoft Word. If you do not have Microsoft Word, it is available through Penn State.
3. Do not upload an incorrect assignment or paper from another class, -50 off of the top.
4. You will use the articles you find, for your final paper.
Review of the Literature
The due date is not negotiable, for every day the literature review is late, I will subtract 10 points. After ten days, you will earn a zero. Do not e-mail this to me several days late or weeks late with an email explaining why it was so late, you will still earn a zero. Do not bring a hard copy to class or email the annotated bibliography to me, the annotated bib must be uploaded to the annotated bib drop box located under the lessons file, in the annotated bibliography file.
Total points: 100
Each journal article paragraph is worth 20 points; you need a total of 5.
The purpose of this annotated bibliography is to review the literature associated with your topic. You are to perform an in-depth search for empirical research (research articles) based on your research question and area of research interest.
Reviewing the literature is the first step in writing a quality paper. The literature review informs the writer about the current findings in your area of research interest. The writer uses the literature review as a springboard for the paper, (or future research). The information found in the literature review will be synthesized in the paper due in this class. Recent research (within the last five years) is acceptable. Older articles must be approved by me.
1. Choose a topic from Psychology.
2. Your literature will be used for the paper; you cannot switch your topic once you submit your article summaries (annotated bibliography).
3. Once you have chosen five articles, you must include them in your paper, so choose wisely (you can add more, but not subtract the ones you have chosen)
4. Conduct a search via the online data bases, such as Psych Info, or Proquest.
5. Identify 5 articles that relate to and support your topic.
6. Write a synopsis, at least one paragraph long, (half page, double spaced, times new roman, 12 point font, 1 inch margin on top, bottom & both sides) describing in detail the purpose of the research, any methodology, describe the sample (number of people, any pertinent factors such as race, ethnicity, age, gender, geographical location, etc). Do not use direct quotes, this is a descriptive paragraph using your own words.
7. Be sure to include the findings, this is important. Do not get caught up in the statistics and numbers refer to the discussion section at the end of the article.
8. Use correct APA format.
9. At the top of each paragraph, you must list the article in correct APA format, as if you were listing it in a reference list.
10. You will receive 0 points for every article you submit that was not found in the online database, from peer reviewed journals. (No Wikipedia, online dictionaries, certainly not websites, and about.com info, etc.)
1. 5 articles worth 20 points each
Of those 20 points
2= correct citing of the article at the top of the paragraph
8=cohesive, well written description
4=proper length, followed directions
6=summary of the findings
Do not wait to do this assignment until the last minute. This is an assignment that will take a long time to complete properly. Searching and identifying five articles can take several hours. Once the articles are identified, you need to read them, the articles can be anywhere from 10 to 30 pages each so this is also time consuming. Summarizing each article once it is read can take anywhere from a half an hour to an hour. If you do let this, go, and find you do not have enough time, remember, you have been fully informed and warned, therefore, I will not give you any leeway regarding the due date. At any time in life, personal matters, etc. can happen, therefore waiting until the last minute is not a wise decision.
I would do the search, print the articles, then read one a day & write about it, for five days.
Let me know if you have any questions.