Fear Reduction Strategies
Propose strategies of policing to reduce fear of crime. The paper should include the following components:
· Describe what community policing is and why it is important.
· Identify which crimes the public worries about most frequently and establish a demographic profile of those who worry about crime more than others.
· Based on the above evidence and patterns identified, propose a strategic plan of crime fear reduction in terms target groups, target areas, and type of program(s), including how technology can assist with this effort.
The writing quality of your proposal should meet the following requirements:
· Be 2-3 pages in length not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include.
· Use terms, evidence, and concepts from class readings.
· Cite at least three scholarly sources for this assignment. Scholarly resources include peer-reviewed journal articles, books, the class textbook, or reports/documents from the government (.gov sites). A scholarly source does not include general sources from the internet (.com, .org, .edu, and .net sites are not scholarly). Scholarly resources should be current (no older than five years). If the class textbook is used as a source, then five other scholarly sources must be used.