New and Improved Rewards at Work
Employers have been coming up with innovative employee rewards to boost morale and acknowledge employee needs for creativity and personal goal accomplishment. Some of the latest potential employee rewards include using the Internet at work for personal reasons such as shopping, communicating with friends, or personal finances; bringing a pet to work; instituting a controlled napping policy, and sports and office betting pools.
Write an eight- to ten-page paper in which you:
- Determine how innovations in employee benefits can improve the overall competitive compensation strategy of the organization. Top Innovative Employee Benefits – Business Benefits Group (bbgbroker.com) Employee Benefits And Compensation Ideas: A Guide (vantagecircle.com)
- Explain how innovative benefits could be tied to specific jobs. (Textbook chapters 14 and 15)
- Critique the effectiveness of equity-based rewards systems versus those with more creative approaches. (Textbook chapter 16)
- Discuss the key elements of integrating innovation into a traditional total rewards program. (Textbook chapter 20 and maybe 21)
- Recommend a process that optimizes an employee-based suggestion program to continually refresh the total rewards of the organization. Hints: Implementing a Successful Employee Suggestion Program | Vetter Blog (getvetter.com) Employee Suggestion Systems | Inc.com
- Use at least five quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not quality as academic resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Determine innovative approaches for optimizing employee benefits and rewards systems.