Use the instruction in the attached
use the PICOT question
5pages without cover page and reference page
The purpose of this initial paper is to briefly describe your search strategies when identifying two articles that pertain to an evidence-based practice topic of interest.
Tittle of Paper: RACIAL DISPARITIES IN HEALTHCARE
The Topic Search Strategy paper is the first of three related assignments. The purpose of this initial paper is to briefly
describe your search strategies when identifying two articles that pertain to an evidence-based practice topic of interest.
Course outcomes: This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO 1: Examine the sources of knowledge that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO 7)
CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs 4 and 8)
Due date: Your faculty member will inform you when this assignment is due. The Late Assignment Policy applies to
Total points possible: 160 points
Preparing the assignment:
Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions.
1) Students will be placed into groups by the end of the second week of the session. The groups will work together to
select a practice problem of interest as the focus for the three RUA assignments in this course. The practice topic of
interest will also be used to complete week 3 and week 5 independent student assignments, as well as a group
PowerPoint presentation in week 7.
a. Individuals will complete this assignment independently for weeks 3 and 5.
b. Teams must assure that members do not use the same articles when completing this assignment.
c. Please make sure you do not duplicate articles within your group.
d. Paper should be 3-4 content pages in length. Title and reference pages are required but are excluded from 3-4
2) The paper will include the following sections:
a. Clinical Question (45 points/28%)
• Describe the problem. What is the focus of your group’s work?
• Explain the significance of the problem in terms of patient outcomes. What health outcomes result from
your problem? Or what statistics document this is a problem? You may find support on websites for
government or professional organizations.
• PICOT question in support of the group topic.
• State the purpose of your paper. What will your paper do or describe? This is similar to a problem
statement. “The purpose of this paper is to . . .”
b. Levels of Evidence (20 points/13%)
• Identify the type of question being asked (therapy, prognosis, meaning, etc.).
• What is the best type of evidence to answer that question (e.g., RCT, cohort study, qualitative study, etc.)?
c. Search Strategy (65 points/41%)
• List search terms and results.
• Databases used (start with the CU library). Link your search with the PICOT question described above.
• Refinement decisions. As you did your search, what decisions did you make in refinement to get your
required articles down to a reasonable number for review? Were any limits used? If so, what?
• Identification of two (2) most relevant articles (primary sources published within the last 5 years).
d. Format (30 points/18%)
• Correct grammar and spelling.
• Include a title page.
• Use of headings for each section.
▪ Clinical Question, Levels of Evidence, Search Strategy, and Conclusion
• Adheres to current APA formatting and guidelines.
NR449 Evidence-Based Practice
RUA: Topic Search Strategy Guidelines
• 3-4 pages in length, excluding title and reference pages.
For writing assistance (APA, formatting, or grammar) visit the APA Citation and Writing page in the online library.
This are the articles I found.
Yearby, R. (2018). Racial disparities in health status and access to healthcare: the continuation of inequality in the United States due to structural racism. American Journal of Economics and Sociology, 77(3-4), 1113-1152.
Puaschunder, J. M., & Beerbaum, D. (2020. Healthcare inequality in the digital 21st century: The case for a mandate for equal access to quality medicine for all. In Proceedings of the Unequal World Conference of the United Nations, United Nations New York, New York, United States
Peek, M. E., Odoms-Young, A., Quinn, M. T., Gorawara-Bhat, R., Wilson, S. C., & Chin, M. H. (2010). Racism in healthcare: Its relationship to shared decision-making and health disparities: A response to Bradby. Social science & medicine (1982), 71(1), 13.
1. Are people of African American descent who receive cancer related treatments compared to non-hispanic whites at a higher risk of mortality over the years 1980-2021? (Etiology)
2. How do asian American adults with prescriptions for mental health medications perceive the standard of care compared to non-hispanic whites throughout the duration of their treatment? (Meaning)
4. Minority are at higher risk of not receiving proper care due to being on the medical card, and are discriminated against due to their limitations of care and get biased care due to their race.
5. How do people of color with health problems and discrimination perceive their treatment at the ER and discontinue follow up care, that will increase their mortality rate?
6. How do people of color with health problems perceive their treatment after 2 months of visiting a healthcare provider? (Meaning)