Discussion: Why e-Commerce Is the Fastest Growing Retail, Service, and Entertainment Channel
After completing the assigned reading, answer the following questions:
1. What is e-Commerce and how does it differ from e-Business? Provide one example for e-Commerce, as well as e-Business.
2. What are some of the major types of e-Commerce? Provide at least three types, with a definition and an example for each type you define.
3. Identify the eight major e-Commerce technologies. Of the eight features you listed, describe at least three unique features of e-Commerce technology.
When you respond to your peers, pretend to be a business owner that has a successful e-Commerce solution but wants to grow. Come up with some counterpoints of what was suggested and how you can show a well-supported different direction. This is exactly what happens in the real world.
· Posts should be 300 words in length
· A minimum of one obtained scholarly source is needed, and it should be included in the reference list at the end of the post
· All content from the source should be properly cited or quoted in the post, using APA or MLA format. Reminder that quoted content should make up no more than 20% of your post and should be reserved for content, such as statistics and dollar amounts. Overusing an author’s exact words, such as including block quotations to meet word counts, may lead your readers to conclude that you lack appropriate comprehension of the subject matter or that you are neither an original thinker nor a skillful writer.
Sample APA Citation
The world and specifically e-commerce have many individuals, organizations, companies, sharing their viewpoints about issues. The very reason we use peer-reviewed scholarly sources is to provide a position or direction based on supported evidence. I will push each of you to do so in this course. When you present proposed solutions in the workplace, you want the solution not to be just what you think or what someone else thinks, but a documented, supported direction. This increases the percentage of success in your proposed solution. This applies to all areas of our life when we are determining what to trust/believe/accept as we are bombarded from all areas of life all day long with digital information. So, when you say that the company should move to a cloud solution to decrease downtime, you have to support why. In the workplace, I use a mix of scholarly sources and those from vetted organizations to support my positions on what direction the company should take. This is what we will practice here and hopefully you will walk away with this skill being more refined.
Ask yourself if you have provided all the information and determined of the source is valid:
Below I have the aspects highlighted that you should consider and then a sample of each of the following parameters for the article in a full and complete reference in APA format that you should provide: 1. Why do you identify this Journal as scholarly? 2. Author(s) of article 3. Date of article (remember 36 months or less as we need to use current scholarly sources) 4. Title of article 5. Title of Journal 6. Volume and issue as appropriate 6b. Page numbers 7. DOI if available 8. Full reference in APA format of the article you chose Format example of reference: Author, A. A., Author, B. B., & Author, C. C. (Year). Title of article. Title of Periodical, volume number (issue number), pages. http://doi.org/xx.xxx/yyyyy Naujoks, T. (2020). Marketing functions and B2C e-marketplaces: An exploratory analysis. Journal of Marketing Channels, 26(4), p. 250-262. 1. This article meets scholarly criteria because this is a double-blind, peer reviewed journal. 2. Naujoks, T.–Authors 3. (2020). —Date within 36 months of today. Older content in eCommerce especially is usually out of date. Therefore in this class your source needs to be published in a valid scholarly journal within the last 36 months—older will not ‘count’ as your supporting source however you may include older sources in addition to more current ones to further support your posts. 4. Marketing functions and B2C e-marketplaces: An exploratory analysis. –name of the article 5. Journal of Marketing Channels –Journal name. This is scholarly because it has a full editorial board (this is the collective vetted team to review the content) to review the articles and the impact index (Journal Metrics which indicates how often this was cited by other Peer Reviewed Scholarly articles). 6. 26(4)– volume number (issue number) 6b. 250-262— page numbers 7. 10.1080/1046669X.2020.1828687–DOI 8. Naujoks, T. (2020). Marketing functions and B2C e-marketplaces: An exploratory analysis. Journal of Marketing Channels, 26(4), p. 250-262. doi 10.1080/1046669X.2020.1828687