Health information management
All HIM applications must be managed by the same individual. It is more important the individual who manages the applications have a familiarity with the HIM processes rather than IT experience.
1. Choose three different job analysis methods discussed in chapter 7 that you will use to collect data for the proposed new HIM application specialist position.
2. Write a 1-2 page paper summarizing the methods, explain why you chose the method, and describe how you would carry out the method in analyzing the application specialist position.
3. Create a new job title and job summary the HR department will use to recruit for candidates for this new HIM position.
4. Review the results on page 281 of candidates and then develop 3 interview questions to ask each candidate during a structured interview; each candidate will be asked the same 3 questions. (see part 3 on page 281 for additional suggestions).
HIM departments are always budget conscious and trying to do more with less. It is very common to combine jobs or eliminate positions through attrition.
Review the case study on pages 150-151 and provide the following deliverables:
1. A new combined job title and describe why this title was selected (approx. 2 paragraphs incorporating what you learned from reading chapter 7)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!