Module 05 Written Assignment – Final Project Submission
Write an argumentative research paper on a managed care-related topic, assumption or myth; thoroughly explaining what it is, why it’s important, and how it fundamentally impacts the managed care system today. You will gather evidence on present a well-reasoned argument or debatable issue. The goal of an argumentative paper is to show that your perspective is valid. You are to form reasons, draw conclusions and apply them to your findings. The purpose is not to completely prove your point, but to convince readers, with your evidence, that your argument or position has merit.
You will be evaluated according to your topic selection, thesis and outline, annotated bibliography, peer review, and final paper delivered in proper format as follows:
- Follows all Project assignment details and technical requirements, presenting “a managed care-related topic, thoroughly explaining what it is, why it’s important, and how it fundamentally impacts the managed care system today.”
- Presents an argumentative paper with reasoning and evidence of debatable issue.
- Incorporates suggestions as needed from peer review.
- Incorporates key elements of a quality research paper:
- Strong thesis statement that states the main point of your project and suggests the path that your project will follow.
- Attention-getting introduction moving into quick transition that leads into thesis. Captures readers’ attention.
- Topic sentences relate back to thesis statement. All information is relevant to thesis.
- Logical transitions between paragraphs and ideas provide unity and coherence to the whole. Clear organization.
- Concluding paragraph sums up information and reiterates thesis.
- Mechanics follow required standards. (Spelling, grammar, sentences written according to Standard English.)
An original research paper with a body of 6-8 pages. In general, your paper should consist of the following pages:
Title Page – captivating title, your name, title of the course, date
Body – 6-8 pages of introduction, background on your topic, research support, personal evaluation, strong conclusion. Body should be organized with a minimum of the following titles
- Thesis or Position
- Support of Responses
References Cited page – in APA format.
Choose a current issue, technology, or other concept dealing with managed care. Below are approved main topics that you can select from. You may choose these as main topics/category but be more specific with actual topic. For example, if the main topic is necessity of disease management programs, your focus/argument may be that disease management programs increase the health of the overall population.
- Influence of pay-for-performance programs
- Necessity of disease management programs
- Influence of electronic prescribing on quality healthcare services
- Disease prevention with aging population
- Accreditation and performance measurement
- Use of personal and electronic health records
- Obesity and utilization of managed care
- Obesity and food sources
- Technology and transmission of health information
- Technology and privacy of health information
- Universal healthcare and healthcare costs
- Social media and health education
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!