· Overweight 5-year-old black boy with overweight parents who work full-time and the boy spends his time after school with his grandmother
· An explanation of the health issues and risks that are relevant to the child you were assigned.
· Describe additional information you would need in order to further assess his or her weight-related health.
· Identify and describe any risks and consider what further information you would need to gain a full understanding of the child’s health. Think about how you could gather this information in a sensitive fashion.
· Taking into account the parents’ and caregivers’ potential sensitivities, list at least three specific questions you would ask about the child to gather more information.
· Provide at least two strategies you could employ to encourage the parents or caregivers to be proactive about their child’s health and weight.
· Body-mass index (BMI) using waist circumference for children