For this assignment, you will design a 45- to 60-minute class, perform it yourself, and analyze the results. The class needs to include warm-up, any necessary
skill instruction or skill review, training segment, and a cool-down/stretching component.
Step One: Pre-work
Before you get started, identify the following. (Your pre-work must be included in your submission.)
- Describe your target audience.
- What equipment do you plan on using?
- Identify your teaching strengths/weaknesses.
- How many people do you feel comfortable handling at one time?
- What are your core exercises going to be?
- How can you modify or substitute these exercises to be more or less challenging?
Step Two: Design your class
Use the components you identified above to design your class. Provide a description, including the individual components. Be sure to include warm-up, any necessary skill instruction or skill review, training segment, and a cool-down/stretching component. Be precise and specific.
Step Three: Perform the workout
Perform the workout yourself, without making any adjustments.
Step Four: Analyze
Analyze your design by answering the following:
- Provide your own critical analysis of the class including any changes you would make in the future.
- What training effects is your workout targeting?
- How would you adjust exercises/reps/sets, etc. to accommodate for the differ-ent fitness levels of your class participants?
- What age and experience groups would this workout be appropriate for?
- What variations would you include from class to class or week to week?