Forms of Nursing Inquiry: Quality improvement (QI), Research, and Evidence-Based Practice (EBP)
Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) has captured the attention of healthcare providers, healthcare organizations, and consumers to positively influence patient outcomes. However, confusion abounds about how evidence-based practice differs from research and quality improvement.
- Select either EBP, research or QI and identify how the selected approach is implemented to improve outcomes at your workplace. * (My work place is a hospice unit, that uses the EBP, to improve outcomes, but of course at certain point use research and QI).
- How do you know this approach is utilized?
- Is this selected approach used apart from or in conjunction with the other approaches?
- Can one approach be effectively applied without the others? Why or why not?
- Explain How evidence-based practice differs from research and quality improvement?
Use an APA style and a minimum of 200 words. Provide support from a minimum of at least three (3) scholarly sources. The scholarly source needs to be: 1) evidence-based, 2) scholarly in nature, 3) Sources should be no more than five years old (published within the last 5 years), and 4) an in-text citation. citations and references are included when information is summarized/synthesized and/or direct quotes are used, in which APA style standards apply.