Go back through the business press (Fortune, The Economist, BusinessWeek, and so forth and any other LIRN- based articles) and find at least three articles related to either downsizing, implementation of a new technology, or a merger or acquisition. In a minimum of four (4) pages in 7th edition APA formatted paper:
- What were the key frontline experiences listed in relation to your chosen change?
- How do they relate to those listed in Chapter 4?
- Did you identify new ones confronting change managers?
- How would you prioritize these experiences?
- Do any stand out as “deal breakers”? Why?
- What new insights into implementing this type of change emerge from this?
PA2 requires you to identify a current change in an organization with which you are familiar and evaluate a current public issue about which “something must be done.” In relation to the change issue, think about what sense-making changes might need to be enacted and how you would go about doing this. Assess this in terms of the eight (8) elements of the sense-making framework suggested by Helms Mills and as set out in Table 9.7:
- Identity construction
- Social sense-making
- Extracted cues
- Ongoing sense-making
- Which ones did you believe you might have the most/least control over and why?
- What implications does this have for adopting a sense-making approach to organizational change?
minimum of four (4) pages document for each assignment
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!