After your initial review of the operations and safety data sheets (SDS), you have determined the sampling you want to perform at Acme Automotive Parts (AAP). The table below lists hazards you want to sample and the sampling/analytical methods you decide to use. You can access the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) methods at https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/nmam/default.html and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) methods at https://www.osha.gov/dts/sltc/methods/toc.html.
Choose one hazard from the welding area, one hazard from the paint area, and the metal working fluids, and prepare one paragraph for each hazard (three paragraphs in total) answering each of the following questions:
- Which sampling media will you be using?
- What flow rate will you use?
- How will you calibrate the sampling train?
- Calculate the minimum sampling time you will require to be able to detect concentrations at the OELs listed in the table. Show your work in calculating the sampling times.
- Will you collect personal or area samples? Explain why.
- Are there any compounds listed in the method that might interfere with your sample?
- Are there any special storage or shipment requirements for your samples?
Prepare one paragraph that concludes how you would evaluate noise exposures in the facility. Discuss what type of sampling instrument you would use, how you would perform calibration, whether you would use personal or area samples, and which areas at the facility you would include in the evaluation.
Your assignment must be a minimum of two pages in length, not including title or reference pages. Your assignment must use at least two references. One must be gathered from the CSU Online Library; the other may be your textbook. All references and in-text citations must be formatted according to APA standards.