1. What is the definition of time management and what is included in someone who optimizes their time management?
2. What are the major symptoms related to poor time management?
3. What are the three basic evaluation steps into planning so that reprioritization can occur?
4. Identify 5 relevant interventions that can be taken to mitigate internal/external time-wasting activities?
5. Identify daily planning actions that can be taken to maximize time management?
6. Describe the priority setting in clinical settings where decisions need to be made for patient care (As in ATI)
7. Name three ways nurses establish priorities in nursing practice (as in ATI)
8. Define and describe Time Management as a cyclic process
1. Identify specific strategies for successful delegation
2. What does the NPA (Nurse practice act) contain as the essential elements regarding delegation (as in ATI)
3. Describe the 5 rights of delegation—name them and define them
4. Provide an example of each of the 5 rights of delegation
5. Describe the criteria for delegation to an unlicensed assisted personnel (UAP)
6. Name 5 tasks that are generally considered appropriate for delegation to UAPs
7. Describe the reasons nurses will underdelegate tasks.
8. Describe the situations in which nurses will overdelegate tasks
9. Draw the decision tree created by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) that is used to determine appropriate tasks for UAPs—(apply the example of obtaining a blood sugar value to this model to determine if that would be an appropriate task to delegate)
10. Name the key differences between what roles and responsibilities exist for RNs and contrast that with those of LPNs