- In order to prepare for this assignment, read the lessons as well as the assigned readings BEFORE attempting the self-assessment.
- Please use the following hyperlink to access and complete the survey: Week 2 Pre-TANIC Self-Assessment Survey (Links to an external site.)
- FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE SURVEY WILL RESULT IN A GRADE OF ZERO (0) FOR THE ASSIGNMENT.
- After completing the survey, navigate to the Week 2 Module in Canvas and respond to EACH of the q uestion s for your Reflection Post.
- The Reflection Posts DOES NOT require cross-posting to a peer or faculty .
- Scholarly sources: Only scholarly sources are acceptable for citation and reference in this course. These include peer reviewed publications, government reports, or sources written by a professional or scholar in the field. Your textbook and lesson are not considered to be an outside scholarly source. For the discussions and reflection posts, reputable internet sources such as websites by government agencies (URL ends in .gov) and respected organizations (often ends in .org) can be counted as scholarly sources. The best outside scholarly source to use is a peer-reviewed nursing journal. You are encouraged to use the Chamberlain library and search one of the available data bases for a peer-reviewed journal article. The following sources should not be used: Wikipedia, Wikis, or blogs. These web sites are not considered scholarly as anyone can add to these. Please be aware that .com websites can vary in scholarship and quality. For example, the American Heart Association is a .com site with scholarship and quality. It is the responsibility of the student to determine the scholarship and quality of any .com site. Ask your instructor before using any site if you are unsure. Points will be deducted from the rubric if the site does not demonstrate scholarship or quality. Current outside scholarly sources must be published with the last 5 years. Instructor permission must be obtained BEFORE the assignment is due if using a source that is older than 5 years.
ATTENTION: Students will not receive results following completion of this survey. For the reflection questions, please recall how you rated your proficiency/competency with the skills on the survey.
*IMPORTANT* Upon completing the TANIC self-assessment survey, please TAKE A SCREENSHOT of the last page of the survey using a program such as Snipping Tool and save as a PDF or JPG and for your records. If you are unable to take a screenshot, please inform your faculty.
Reflect upon your current or most recent clinical practice and answer the following:
- How is informatics used?
- Regarding the Pre-TANIC Self-Assessment for this week, how did your perceived competency level prior to the self-assessment compared to after the self-assessment? Explain in detail.
- What TWO competencies do you use in your current clinical role? Provide examples.
- Identify TWO resources to develop a strategic plan to enhance your competency skills.
- Which resources are suited to your needs and why?
- How do you intend to enact this improvement plan?