Based on your observations in the field experience, create a 1,000-1,250-word functional communication training plan for the student you observed:
- Complete an Antecedent-Behavior-Consequence chart to formally assess the targeted communication-related behavior of the student observed in Clinical Field Experience A Create a table that clearly identifies, by column:
- Target Behavior
- Date/Time/Place of Behavior
- Antecedent to the Behavior
- Consequences of the Behavior
- Analyze the data from the ABC chart and identify an intervention goal/outcome.
- Design specific steps to be implemented that will change the behavior and improve the student’s ability to communicate. Identify the following:
- Prerequisite component skill deficits and actions reducing the demands of the task.
- An appropriate AAC device to support the needs of the student in improving communication and staying engaged.
- Strategies to manage situations and consequences.
- Any obstacles that may be encountered and ideas on how to overcome these obstacles.
- Any rewards and reinforcements, with supporting schedules.
Within your plan, include a rationale for your intervention goal/outcome as well as an explanation as to why assessment and data collection tools are vital when targeting communication skills and communication-related behaviors.
Support your plan and rationale with 1-3 scholarly resources.