By now you have found one of the six articles from the previous assignment to be useful for inclusion as you elaborate ideas toward your final concept paper which will be based upon your Action Research. This assignment requires the synthesis, evaluation, and critique of an article pertinent to your topic and taken from an academic journal. If you have not yet found an article that you feel comfortable using, please notify your professor immediately.
The article you select must meet the following criteria:
- Be an original and NOT a review of the literature
- Be directly related to the topic of your final concept paper
- Contain an explicitly stated hypothesis or research question
- Include a target group
- Include data on the target group
- Be understandable to you as the reader
Your Synthesis, Evaluation, and Critique of the Article must have the original article attached AND must meet the following criteria:
- Include the Synthesis, Evaluation, and Critique of the Article Outline Worksheet (right below this section)
- 2-3 pages (double-spaced) in length.
- Have a cover page and a running-head
- Include a complete APA-style reference
- Explicitly address the following questions:
- What major issue(s) are addressed in this article?
- Who were the subject(s) involved in the study?
- What was the author’s/authors’ research question/hypothesis?
- What methodology was utilized to gather data?
- What qualitative/quantitative information was presented in this study?
- What obstacles, if any, jeopardized, compromised, or impacted the study?
- Is the argument valid? well presented? convincing? Why? Why not?
- Did the article successfully answer the research question(s) it posed originally?
- Are there other considerations that could be drawn into the article’s argument(s)?
- What is/are the article’s conclusion(s)?
- What are the implications of this article on future research?
- How is this article relevant to research question you pose for the final concept paper?