Compose a focused paper that explains and describes your healthcare issue or topic from a cultural and ethical perspective of inquiry. (You will cover two perspectives in one paper.)
Form and answer two levels of research questions for each inquiry to address your chosen topic.
- Choose a “Level 1 Research Question/Writing Prompt” from both of the lists below to answer in the paper.
- Compose a “Level 2 Research Question/Writing Prompt” for each kind of inquiry that provides detail, specificity, and focus to your inquiry, research, and writing.
- State your research questions in your paper’s introduction.
- Form the body of your paper by answering each research question and support your assertions with evidence (research).
- In the conclusion of the paper, briefly review the issues, research questions, answers, and insights.
Level 1 Research Questions/Writing Prompts
ETHICAL Perspective of Inquiry
- What laws govern or pertain to the issue?
- What ethical obstacles affect how the medical community addresses the issue?
- How do ethical theories apply to the issue?
- How do money, power, and control matters relate to the issue and its treatment?
Level 2 Research Questions/Writing Prompts
CULTURAL Perspective of Inquiry
- Which cultural values and/or norms influence the issue?
- How is the issue addressed differently in varying cultural contexts and situations?
- Which cultures or societies are most affected by the issue? Why?
- Which cultural traditions affect the treatment(s)?
Your paper must be five pages in length and reference four to six scholarly, peer-reviewed resources. Be sure to follow current APA Style (e.g., spacing, font, headers, titles, abstracts, page numbering, in cite references)