STDP Framework Report
- A) Dan Murphys
- B) Nike
- C) Deakin College
- D) Microsoft Office Software (only)
Topic Allocation: by your lecturer in class Week 1 and Week 2.
Your task in the first assignment (A1) is to:
Think of yourself as a marketing consultant for the company that you have been allocated. For the first assignment, all you need to do is to help them to identify:
- two (2) potential new market segments in Australia and
- choose one (1) target market out of these two segments that is best for the company to serve.
Once the new target market/product has been chosen, you need to provide a detailed customer profile of such market as well as develop a new differentiation and positioning strategy for the company to be successful in the new market.
You must provide:
1) Cover page
2) Table of Content
3) Reference list
Section and Marks Breakdown:
|Section||Marks||Details (suggested breakdown of word limit and references are in brackets)|
(must submit in-class in week 2 & 3)
|10||Workbook 2 and 3 mirror what’s required in this assignment hence it is imperative for you to do it in-class, guided by your lecturer.
· Workbook 2 will prepare you for some background analysis of the company that will be useful for you to justify your points in your A1.
· Workbook 3 will show you step-by-step process of how to do STDP in marketing.
You need to submit these workbooks online on Moodle.
Please provide a fully referenced background to this report that includes:
· An industry overview (min. 1 reference)
· Brief description of (min. 1 reference):
o the company
o the competitors
o their current products
o their current target market
Hint: Workbook 2, Part 4
Please provide a fully referenced overview of the segmentation bases that could be used by the company in segmenting the market to identify a potential new market/product. Please note:
· Provide two (2) appropriate new market segments for the company to be used as potential target market and do not forget to label them correctly.
· Provide a justification of why they are potential target market
· Provide at least two (2) segmentation variables for each bases
· Use a segmentation table to present these information
· Make sure that your new segments are in consumer market, NOT business market
· The segments MUST be in AUSTRALIA (geographic segmentation base), NOT overseas
Hint: Workbook 3, Step 1
|25||Market Targeting and Consumer Profile
· From the two (2) new segments identified in Section 2, choose one (1) target market that would be best for the company and provide a fully referenced justification of why the company has to choose such target market. Please note:
· Choose only ONE (1) new target market and justify why they should be the new target market for the company.
· Provide a detailed consumer profile for the target market that you have chosen using the segmentation variables that you have discussed in Section 2
More hint: Workbook 3, Step 2
|25||Differentiation and Positioning
Considering the target market that you have selected, discuss how you would differentiate and position the company in the new target market’s minds (fully referenced). Please note:
· Suggest a new value proposition that will be relevant to the new target market and justify this
· Consider the five (5) differentiation bases and justify the most appropriate ones (can be more than one) to discuss
· Provide a positioning statement
· Illustrate where the company should be positioned against the competitors mentioned in Section 1 on a positioning map
Hint: Workbook 3, Step 3-4
(and General Communications)
|5||Reference List and General Communications
Use credible and relevant references (minimum of 5 different references (at least 2 being academic references i.e. textbooks and journal articles)
· You MAY NOT use:
o and the like
· For websites, you may consider websites that ends with:
o .com (only for company websites)
· You can also cite news articles
· Correct and consistent use of Deakin Harvard Referencing format
· Professional business report (avoid 1st person expression i.e. I, we, us
· Free of grammar and spelling mistakes
· Have checked the online library resources on Moodle
· Delete the template boxes à [Delete this box before submission]
· Using the assignment template provided by the unit chair (below)
· Using the company that has been allocated to you
The breakdown of words are suggestions only. You may vary the words per section. The maximum word count (750 words +- 10%) is based on the total words of the submitted document and shown on Turnitin.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!